Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection in Kosovo – KOMF, established in June 2011, is a coalition composed of 27 local and international NGOs working in the child protection field, with the joint mission to advocate and protect the rights of children in Kosovo.
The mission of the Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection is protection, respect, well being and advancement of the children rights.
This will be achieved through lobbying and advocating to promote and develop the rights of children in accordance with Convention on the Rights of the Child – CRC.
KOMF member NGOs, are:
Association for Social Training, Research and Advocacy – ASTRA, Action for Mothers and Children – AMC, Balkan Sunflowers Kosova, Childproof/CIPOF, Education Comes First – ECF, Initiative 6, Organizata Rinore Akti – Ora, Organization for Children without Parental Care – OFAP, OPFAKKOS, Civil Rights Program – CRP/K, PL4Y International, Kosovo Education Center – KEC, Qendra e Kujdesit Ditor – PEMA, Center for Protection of Victims and Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings – PVPT, Center for Advanced Studies – FIT, Kosova Rehabilitation Centre for Torture Victims –KRCT, Save the Children, SOS Children’s Villages Kosovo, Shpresa dhe Shtëpi për Fëmijët Kosovë – SDSF, Patient’s Rights Association in Kosovo – PRAK, Association of Paraplegics and Paralyzed Children of Kosova – HANDIKOS, Terre des hommes, The Ideas Partnership, Voice of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptians – VoRAE, World Vision, Public Organization for Local Initiatives and Supports – POLIS, Network of Peace Movement – NOPM, Educational & Social Center SOS Kindergarten and Nevo Koncepti.
The main objectives of the Coalition, are:
- Enhancing the approval of laws and policies for children.
- Monitoring the implementation of laws and national policies for children.
- Sensitizing and mobilizing the relevant state authorities at both local and central level, sensitizing the service providers and other actors on child protection issues.
- Raising awareness of the wide opinion on all issues related to child protection.
- Increasing the participation of children and all other groups who are exposed to the violation of children rights.
- Creating spaces to develop best practices in the field of children rights, documenting and sharing with all the members of the Coalition.
- Empowering the capacities of the Coalition, especially the capacities of local organizations and community based organizations.
KOMF continuously accepts requests from different NGOs in Kosovo, for membership.