Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection in Kosovo – KOMF, in partnership with Organizata për fëmijët pa kujdes prindëror – OFAP, SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë and KMOP, through the project “Joint Action for Decentralization” funded by the European Union and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo, awards annual prizes “Friend of Children” for the closest project partners, contributors in the field of social protection and decentralization of social services, with focus on child protection in Kosovo, during 2019.
Two annual prizes “Friend of Children” will be awarded for the closest project partners, individuals or entities, who give an important contribution toward social protection, protection of children and families, being part of successful fulfillment of social services decentralization process, during 2019.
Awards for the main contributors in the field of social protection and decentralization of social services, during 2019, will not consist of monetary value but in the form of acknowledgment and thanks for the given contribution.
Candidates must have contributed in the field of social protection and decentralization of social services in Kosovo, during 2019, including but not limited, in the field of protection and social welfare, health, education, justice, etc.
Candidates can be legal entities such as corporate, businesses, banks, diplomatic corps, mediums, or personalities and community individuals.
Selection criteria will include:
- Extension, field of operation of the service/action/initiative/impact/effort/persistence;
- Quality and/or quantity of change / impact in the society;
- Extension of the innovation as part of the impact / change;
- Demonstrated passion;
- Continuity and sustainability in provision of support.
Evaluation Nominations will be evaluated by an external “Assessment Panel”, composed of personalities from sectors such as civil society, university, community, etc. After the decision of the panel, KOMF will take the final decision on the winners.
- Panel will consist of three personalities, out of KOMF, to maintain transparency and avoid conflict of interest;
- KOMF will send official invitations for voluntary participation for the members of assessment panel;
- Panel will gather to assess nominations and based on the evaluation, takes a written on the winners of acknowledgements and provides the justification respectively for each of the winners;
- KOMF takes the final decision on the approval of winners decided by the panel.
Competing applicants must comply with these criteria:
- Candidates must have contributed in the field of decentralization of social services with focus on protection of children’s rights in Kosovo during 2019, including but not limited, in the field of protection and social welfare, health, education, justice, etc.
- Candidates can be legal entities such as corporate, businesses, banks, diplomatic corps, mediums, or personalities and community individuals.
- To fulfill and submit the nomination form which is attached as an annex at the end of this call. The nomination form should consist of the name of the person/entity/business and the respective justification of the nomination. The justification must be accurate and detailed, containing all the relevant information on the contribution and the reasons why the candidate is nominated for this award.
- Candidates can be nominated by others, or self nominated. You can submit one or more nominations.
- The call will remain open from the date of its announcement on www.portalpune.com and the official websites/pages of KOMF, SOS and OFAP, from 11 November 2019 until 24 November 2019.
- Nomination / completed form should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org until 24 November 2019.
- Prizes for winners will be awarded during the solemn ceremony to be held in December 2019.
KOMF, Organizata për fëmijët pa kujdes prindëror – OFAP, SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë and KMOP strongly encourage all project partners and supporters, individuals or entities who have contributed toward improvement of social protection and decentralization of social services, to apply for the two acknowledgements “Friend of Children” that will be awarded this year.
Click here to download the nomination form.