Coalition of NGOs on Child Protection in Kosovo (KOMF), in partnership with Organizata për fëmijët pa kujdes prindëror – OFAP, SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë and KMOP, through the project “Joint Action for Decentralization” funded by the European Union and managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo, is awarding the annual acknowledgment “Best Municipality”, to the municipality which has put more efforts toward social protection and social services decentralization, with focus on child rights in Kosovo, for 2019.
One annual acknowledgment “Best Municipality” will be awarded to the municipality that has achieved the highest results toward social protection of families, influencing thus the completion of social services decentralization process, in 2019.
The acknowledgment “Best Municipality”, for the municipality that has put more efforts and has reached higher results in the field of social protection and social services decentralization during 2019, will not consist of monetary value rather than an acknowledgement for the given contribution.
The assessment of the nominations will be performed by an external assessment panel, consisting of personalities from the field of civil society, university, community, etc.
After the decision of the panel, KOMF will take and announce the final decision on the winners.
- Panel will consist of three personalities, out of KOMF, to maintain transparency and avoid conflict of interest;
- KOMF will send official invitations for voluntary participation for the members of the Panel that will assess nominations;
- Panel assesses the nominations and based on the assessment, takes a written decision on the winners of acknowledgement as well as provides the justification of the decision;
- KOMF takes and announces the final decision on the approval of winners decided by the assessment panel.
Competing municipalities must comply with these criteria:
- To have achievements in the field of social protection and social services decentralization, with focus on child rights protection in Kosovo during 2019, including but not limited to the field of protection and social welfare, health, education, justice, etc;
- To fulfill and submit the nomination form which is attached as an Annex at the end of this call. The justification must be clear and detailed, containing all the information on the achievements and reasons why the municipality should receive the acknowledgment.
- The competition will remain open from the date of its announcement on portalpune.com and the official websites/pages of KOMF, SOS and OFAP, from 05 November 2019 until 24 November 2019.
- The filled nomination must be submitted at email@example.com until 24 November 2019.
- Prizes for winners will be awarded during the solemn ceremony to be held in December 2019.
KOMF, Organizata për fëmijët pa kujdes prindëror – OFAP, SOS Fshatrat e Fëmijëve Kosovë and KMOP strongly encourage all Kosovo municipalities, to apply for the acknowledgment “Best Municipality”, that will be awarded this year.
Click here to download the application form.